So, back to school for the kids, back to work for the Man, and back to various sorts of busy-ness for me.
Driving around today on my errands I've seen many a Christmas tree lying by the edge of the road, awaiting collection. We'll probably stick with keeping ours up until Twelfth Night, but even the Boy has noted that it's looking rather sad already - ornaments on the bottom branches have sagged so low they are sitting on the carpet, along with half the needles. I'm not looking forward to the mess when we finally drag the thing outside. The Boy suggests we keep it an extra long time, until all the needles have fallen off - "so at least they'll all be in one place, not spread all over the house." There could be something in that...
We've always been 12th Night hold-outs, but this year ours was at the roadside on New Years Day - I like to think it's due to circumstances in the week ahead rather than the last nail in the coffin of our Britishness!
ReplyDeleteAn reasonable excuse, I suppose... bon voyage!
ReplyDelete