Saturday, January 26, 2013

Home and away

A fairly uneventful day for us here, but pleasant enough - the Boy had his buddy round, the Girl is at her friend's house tonight.  I baked some banana bread.  And, oh yes, we've had some more doses of Modern Family fun.

But our's has not been as uneventful a day (I'm guessing) as the Man's - he's been having a long sit-down.  As I write he's about halfway through a fourteen-hour flight to the other side of the world. 

Although people do it every day, trans-continental air travel still seems unbelievable to me.  I will never get my head around it.

5 comments:

  1. Mild version of James Bond with all the obscure clues to secret destination. Uneventful flying is the best kind tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to get your head around taking off Saturday morning and landing Sunday evening. Where did my weekend go?

    The Airbus A380 I was on had three external cameras, including one on the tail looking along the whole length of the aircraft and on to a distant curved horizon. It's still hard to believe you're inside it though.

    14 hours gave me just enough time to watch "Lawrence of Arabia". I'm guessing it's a lot better on a big screen however.


    ReplyDelete
  3. So...are you in Japan?(or possibly Korea)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're quite the sleuth hound, Old Dog! He's in the land of kimchi - does that help clinch the answer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So he will be able to enjoy the worlds healthist food again

    ReplyDelete