Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waaaay below freezing

It was 4 degrees out when I walked to school with the Boy this morning.  That's 4F of course, which is minus lots of degrees C (about -15). I insisted on my scrap of a son wearing a coat for once, but as soon as he was within sight of the school building he unzipped it and went in with it flapping open - evidently he has a certain image to maintain, frostbite be damned.

I had a few things to do today but mostly tried to stay in the warm.  I didn't really relish going out to a meeting tonight about set design for the school musical, but that's the committee I've signed up for this time around.  But I think it'll be fun.  We have to create a map of America as a backdrop, plus representations of a covered wagon, a steamboat and a railroad (as they call it over here). 

Tonight the temperature is set to drop several degrees below 0F - I've never been gladder not to be living in a covered wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment