Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oil be waiting

So, driving home late last night the Man noticed a light flickering on the dashboard, prompting him to check the oil, whereupon he realised there wasn't any. 

Oo-er.

Luckily, out neighbour (who is very handy with machines of all kinds) was able to help us out with the wherewithall for a top up.  And since the car was due for a service anyway I took it in today for a thorough looking-over.

Well.  No sign of an oil leak, but the water pump was leaking anti-freeze, causing the engine to overheat and burn through the oil.  I got it fixed.  The whole process of service and repair took six hours, and best not even to think about how much it all cost.

The Boy also had a long day - band rehearsal for an hour before school (the concert's next week), and musical show rehearsal for 40 minutes at the end of the day.  He has just one line, but, he tells me (promise or threat?) "I'm going to make it memorable!"

2 comments: