I had a good night's sleep, implementing yesterday's breath-counting technique. Getting off to sleep at bedtime is usually fine for me anyway, it's when I wake up in the middle of the night that I have problems getting back to sleep again. When this happened last night I did the counting exercise and drifted right off. It really does seem to work. I called my friend this morning, and she also reported having slept well, which is quite unusual for her.
So, well-rested, I was in a good mood to take the long walk home from school after accompanying the Boy there this morning. The last two days it has been too lung-freezingly cold for long walks, but today the temperature was more comfortable. So I had a good two-miles-plus constitutional, with added exercise value because I was wearing snow boots, which weigh down your feet like deep-sea diving gear.
I spent the day at home, working through a mountain of winter-break laundry, and making a small beginning on what may turn out to be a year-long assault on all the drawers, cupboards, closets and bookcases in the house. We don't have horrendous amounts of stuff, just more than I can be bothered to offer a home to anymore. A gradual weeding-out process has begun...
Keep weeding!
ReplyDeleteAnd you...
ReplyDelete