Sunday, January 27, 2013

Views of Vermont

It was great on the ski slopes this afternoon.  Cold, but not as bad as I'd feared because the sun took the edge off (and I was wearing my new, warm snowpants).  The snow was good - consistent and quite zippy.

I took my lesson as usual, and our class took the opportunity to do a new (to us) run.  For the first time in two years the left-side of the mountain was open for skiing, so our instructor took us down the very pretty tree-lined Shady Lane, leading to the steep, icey and nerve-wracking Look Out and then the White River Run.  I was glad to be following someone down - it gave me confidence (the kids, meanwhile, merrily skied down this route several times all by themselves apparently without a qualm).

Halfway down Shady Lane our instructor stopped us and pointed off into the distance.  We could make out a sort of spike - which turned out to be the Bennington Battle Monument.

1 comment: