Sunday, January 6, 2013

Regaining our ski-legs

Back to the slopes for us all today, on the first day of our ski season at Willard Mountain. 

I've signed up for another series of lessons.  I'm in with two other women who have skied before but, like me, feel the need for more instruction.  We're being taught by the same guy as last year.  He's possibly the oldest ski instructor in the world, but we like him.

While we took some gentle turns down the Bunny, the Man and kids (who are not taking lessons this time) did their derring-do stuff on the trickier slopes.  The Boy fell a couple of times, but got up and carried on undeterred.

We had a lot of fun, including at half time when we all tucked into our now traditional mini-festival of sugar, salt and fat (except the Man, who was enjoying being able to fit again into his twenty year old ski salopettes).

My legs feel like they've had a good stretch.  I expect to sleep well tonight with or without restful breathing exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment