Saturday, January 5, 2013

Trojan market

Among other things today, the Man and I made a visit for the first time to Troy Farmers' Market.  We're missing our own local one, which closed for the season just before Christmas.

In winter the Troy market is held indoors in a large upstairs, downstairs space called the Uncle Sam Atrium (many things in Troy seem to be named after Uncle Sam).  There's a great variety of stalls and it's well attended.  It was very enjoyable just wandering around, chatting with friendly stallholders.  I ran into someone I knew, and also met a friend of friends, a guy who sells fair trade coffee from Guatemala.


We could have brought sackloads of goodies home, but in the end opted for some interesting home-made pastas, spinach-flavoured hummus, a few veggies and of course a bag of Guatemalan coffee.  We will, I'm sure, be making another visit before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment