Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snow time for any of that


Yay - we got our snow back!  A couple of inches had accumulated by the time we woke up, and it was still snowing, so the schools had a two hour delayed start.  Another couple of inches-worth fell throughout the day.  The trees, white against a white sky, took on a ghostly beauty.

Normally I'd have hunkered down and stayed at home while the snow fell, but I'd promised to take some Karen friends to an appointment in Albany, so I took the Man to work, and once the kids were finally off to school I set out to town in the weather...and all was fine.  From downtown I had to dash back and collect the Girl from school to take her for a long overdue haircut (she looks lovely now).  Then there wasn't much turnaround time (just enough to half-shovel the drive) before I had to pick up the Man from work, drop him at home and buzz straight along to a couple of meetings at Five Rivers. 

So all in all it turned into a busy let's-ignore-the-snow day for me - but maybe tomorrow I'll have more time to get out and enjoy a walk in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment