Friday, January 11, 2013

A tribute to "Weird Al"

While still wanting to be an inventor when he grows up, the Boy is also thinking of a second career - as a song parodist.

He is inspired by a master of the art, Weird Al Yankovic, whose songs he has been downloading like mad onto his iPod Nano.  I knew some of the songs already, without knowing who they were by - like the ebay Song, which has been popular in this house for a few years. And I feel like Eat It must have been doing the rounds for a couple of decades.  But I'll Sue Ya is new to me (great commentary on a certain regrettable aspect of US culture; especially enjoyed by the Girl, who is learning in Social Studies about what you can and can't get sued for - well, you need to know that kind of thing over here).

Another new (to us) Weird Al favourite is Hardware Store - which isn't a parody of anything but just a song about shopping for DIY equipment.  If the Rockfish family are still reading this - check it out, I think you'll like it too.

Note to readers over 70 - you're probably better off skipping the links in this post, I'm not sure you'll like any of them much.  Well, maybe the ebay one.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of day Boy and I went to buy a GAME item from a store at Delaware Plaza
    Does Boy remember

    ReplyDelete