Sunday, January 13, 2013

And all because...

As expected, conditions on the slopes were not ideal today - the snow was slushy and wet, then dusk and the temperature fell and it became crusty and slick - but still good enough for a great afternoon of skiing.  We stayed out until 5:30pm, feeling quite adventurous skiing in mist and semi-darkness on areas of the mountain without floodlights (and in parts without snow).

My gently-does-it lessons are gradually building my confidence, so after an hour and half on the Bunny I ventured onto Joe's Special, and survived even though it was bumpy. I wasn't so happy on my one go down the half Colonel - too fast by the time I got on it - but I managed to stay upright all the way.

The kids have no confidence problems and go bombing down every slope that's open.  The Boy still favours the snow-plough for his descents - we don't know how he does it at such speed.  The Girl has a more graceful style, and looked very cool today swooshing down dressed all in black.


The Man was also a vision in black today - I half hoped I'd find a box of Milk Tray in my locker when I got back to the lodge, but no such luck.

4 comments:

  1. Still here and tuning in! Enjoyed Hardware Store - a place we visit alot - no change there then for Dr Wallace.
    Sorry for lack of comments recently - haven't worked out how to comment from an ipod touch yet which is where I usually read your blog.
    Snow here today - but melting fast although LVC have decided to close early in anticipation of more snow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good but cold Weve got snow today but only a little -not even enough to make a snowball

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Milk Tray ad takes me back - the Man in Black used to turn up in lectures during our Rag Week. Not that I ever got a box of Milk Tray either ... sniff.

    Hope you're all well - sounds as if you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are well, thanks. Hope you are too.

    As for snow...hmph...can we have ours back, please?

    ReplyDelete