Monday, January 7, 2013

A vacuum abhors Nature


Though in fact our vacuum cleaner coped surprisingly well with the tsunami of pine needles I asked it to deal with after we finally dragged the Christmas tree out. 

I got the worst of them up with a dustpan and brush, but I was still about an hour hoovering up the rest - and even after all that, I fear it will be many months before we stop tracking odd needles from room to room via our socks.


I don't know why each year I'm so hell-bent on bringing a real tree indoors to die in my sitting room.

5 comments:

  1. Next year ,read todays post to remind yourself- and then go to the supermarket and buy an artificial tree! Problem solved for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for the real tree as it gave you the most fabulous blog post title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Guy says

    thats me in that picture u know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Avril - we appreciate your appreciation!

    ReplyDelete