After our unscheduled visit to the lighthouse yesterday, we drove on towards Woodstock.
Since we were passing Jolly's British Food Store anyway... we stopped in and restocked on such necessaries as Frank Cooper's Oxford Marmalade, Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles and Cadbury's (fairtrade!) Chocolate Buttons. And you should have heard the Girl's whoop of delight when she set eyes on the Curlywurlies!
On to Woodstock, that colourful hippie, trippy town, where we enjoyed a good poke around the Tinker Toys Too toyshop, and the excellent little Golden Notebook bookstore. The kids enjoyed this street art installation entitled "My 15 Minutes of Frame".
Then to round off the afternoon, a hike. More of a cold, snowy scramble really. The Kaaterskill Falls trail looked quite different from our last, summer, visit. For one thing, most of the path was covered in ice or packed-down snow, making it quite treacherous. But it was worth the slipping and sliding to see the mighty falls, part frozen and magnificent, at the end of the trail.
(Note Girl, added for scale.)
Marmalade sales are in decline. Apparently most people who eat it are over 65. Maybe it needs rebranding?
ReplyDeleteYou'll note that your 'Cadbury' Dairy Milk makes no mention of the fact that it's actually a Kraft Dairy Milk. Doesn't sound quite so appealing does it?
Oh, I know. Very depressing. May we choke on every Button.
ReplyDeleteHmm, marmalade. I'll put my mind to that one...
I must admit I never thought I would see the day when Albaniana accosted a shopkeeper for not having any hula hoops.
ReplyDelete