Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A busted flush; our numbers up

Apart from enjoying the lovely Spring weather (of fond memory) on Sunday, we also managed a little DIY. 

I've moaned before about toilets in this country (from about day two of being here) and we had more cause for complaint this weekend when the tank lever in the downstairs loo suddenly snapped, completely disabling the flush. 

So, a little trip to Lowes for the Man and me, to buy the replacement plastic part which should by all rights have cost 50c but which, as I correctly predicted, actually cost $3.98.  While we were in the store we also finally (after more than three years) got round to buying some house numbers to stick on the mailbox.

They are reflective numbers, very clever:  firefighters should be able to read them even at night, but readers of this "anonymous" blog cannot...

Tomorrow, I shall be finding out about something that (according to the Girl) only eighteen people in the whole of North America can do.  Any guesses?

3 comments: