Saturday, March 19, 2011

Supermoon

 Friends alerted us to the fact that tonight we have a supermoon, closer to the Earth than it has been since December 2008, or will be again until November 2016.  The Girl and I saw it in its glory as I drove her round to her friend's house this evening, and the Man has been wandering the local streets in search of a good view (though a point-and-shoot camera cannot do it justice).

I spent the morning creating a posterboard for Friends of Five Rivers.  The kids, the Girl in particular, helped me out with the artwork, so that was fun.  This afternoon I took it down to the nature centre and sat at a membership table during the annual Maples Open House.  Didn't manage to enlist any new members, though several people took leaflets and you never know, one or two may eventually sign up.  A couple of people mentioned that they'd been coming to Five Rivers for years but weren't even aware of the Friends - which makes me think it's high time we cranked our PR machine up a gear or two.

The rest of the afternoon was spent far from nature - at the shops, buying the many assorted things the Girl needs for her role in the school Musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment