Sunday, March 6, 2011

March of the penguins?

The Man arrived home at 1am and slept pretty soundly until mid-morning - which was more sleep, by the sounds of it, than he'd had all week.  He has been regaling us today with tales of his Korean experiences, and he does seem to have had an interesting time.

I hosted a useful meeting at midday, discussing PR and membership-building strategies for Friends of Five Rivers.  Some exciting ideas were batted about and I foresee a busy time ahead.

Immediately after the meeting the Girl and I hurried out to attend a Girl Scout "Mother/Daughter Tea" at a local church hall.  Tables were elegantly bedecked and plates groaned with fruit and desserts.  We got to hang out and make bracelets, and the Girl earned a "tea party" badge to add to her collection.  I swear when I was a Brownie Guide it took more to earn a badge than filling your face with eclairs and cupcakes, but what do I know?  It was a nice occasion, anyway.

It has been raining all day and a lot of snow has melted - we've even seen odd patches of grass for the first time since Christmas.  However the temperature has now dropped and the rain is freezing, and we are warned to expect overnight snow.  I suppose we're still near enough the beginning of March for these to count as "in like a lion" conditions - so by all rights the end of the month should be lamblike and balmy...

No comments:

Post a Comment