Rather a brutal start to the post-holiday - up at 6:30am to get the Girl ready for her skating lesson. And it was co-o-o-ld, and has remained so all day (it'll be even colder tonight). There'd been an attempt at overnight snow, just the lightest covering of white, which all disappeared during the day (more's the pity).
So, back to that Five Rivers project I mentioned yesterday. 2012 is the 40th anniversary of both the environmental centre and the Friends organization. A while back I booked the glass case at the local library for this month, thinking to start the year with some sort of display. I'd had something rather basic and simple in mind, but was happy enough when the director of the 5R Guided Schools Program came up with another suggestion.
It has been quite a challenge, I must admit, to realise a diorama of "Five Rivers in Winter - above and below ground" in a glass case 41 x 32 x 10", but I'm not too ashamed of the results. I'm sure a proper naturalist would point out hideous inaccuracies, and I daresay any self-respecting beaver would look askance at my lodge-building attempt, but given the restrictions of the available materials I don't think I've done badly. (I might go back and add a few more trees to the "aboveground" section.) I'm not holding my breath that it will inspire a mad rush of new Friends of Five Rivers members, but if it generates a little curiosity that's a good start.
nifty and interesting
ReplyDeleteLooks very good.I hope it generates lots of interest
ReplyDelete