We had another full-on, action-packed afternoon on the ski slopes today. The Girl made a couple of free runs when we first arrived, then after her 90-minute lesson she managed to hook up with a girl she'd skied with last year, and they kept going for another two hours at least, despite several dramatic-sounding white-outs - four and half hours solid skiing. The rest of us took a snack break at half-time, but we all went back to make more descents. The beautiful floodlit slopes might have been kept open specifically for us.
Everyone is pretty fearless, thinking nothing of Joe's Special, Billy O'Neill, the Dragon's Teeth and the Colonel. Except me. I'm quite content just tootling down the Bunny Hop, still not too inclined (geddit) for anything steeper. But I do feel like I make a little progress every week.
After the skiing marathon it seemed fair enough for the kids to order their own weight in fries. Strangely enough, no-one is very interested in dinner tonight.
Apparently the Boy's dangling-off-the-ski-lift adventure a couple of weeks ago has become the stuff of legend at Willard - the Girl's friend had heard about it even though she wasn't even there that day. Yikes. Now I'm even more relieved that I didn't see it happen.
once again, I am most envious. I watch Ski Sunday, you DO ski sunday! looks ace.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures -but it looks so cold! However,probably worth the effort if you are allowed to eat your weight in fries at the end of it
ReplyDeleteI have to concede, it is fun - especially when the slopes clear and it's just us skiing.
ReplyDelete