Though the docent couldn't enlighten me, and I suppose it's lost in the mists of time, I wonder what her story really is?
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Monday, January 30, 2012
Talk of angels
The Boy and I walked to school this morning with our tongues hanging out - to catch snowflakes. Although it didn't last terribly long, more snow fell through the morning, and it was proper fluffy stuff that those romantically inclined might call "angel feathers".
Speaking of angels... At the end of our tour of the Hyde Collection on Saturday the guide (here they call them "docents") asked if we had any questions. I started wondering about the painting of an angel in the doorway of the music room. "Ah!" said the docent, "You mean the angel with attitude? Yes, that's an interesting one, isn't it - one of the oldest paintings in the collection [c1350]. Not what you'd expect of an angel at all, is it - arms folded and an expression like that!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm gonna go with "artist who couldn't draw hands."
ReplyDeleteHa! Like it. But does that explain the withering expression?
ReplyDelete