I had a call from the Girl around home-time yesterday - she'd missed the school-bus, would I come and pick her up?
Well, it so happened that the Man had taken the car to work, so no, I couldn't come and pick her up. School is just over two miles from our house, and that's only half a mile more than I used to walk twice a day every single school day when I was the Girl's age, so my first impulse was to tell her to hoof it.
However, back when I was stomping to and from school the temperature was rarely if ever several degrees below freezing, as it was yesterday. And if it had been I'd have had the sense to have had a winter coat with me. Ay-ay-ay.
So I took pity on her - to an extent. I arranged for her to walk to her friend's house, only a mere shivering mile from the school, and her friend's mom very kindly drove her home. But that'll larn her - to take a coat, wear warmer trousers or, failing that, not to miss the bus again.
Probably time to buy a second car if only to provide the taxi service required more and more as the children get older(until they get their own cars that is)
ReplyDeleteKind to be cruel occasionally!
ReplyDeleteand you wouldn't have had shoes in those days either...and probably walked over gravel.
ReplyDeleteIf it had been colder and icy she could have skated home
ReplyDeleteYeah,perhaps it's time to buy car number 2, or you could just hire a limo: they're bigger, faster, and a lot cheaper.
ReplyDeleteGet a snow machine.
How do you know about limos then, Evil?
ReplyDelete