Monday, January 16, 2012

Long weekend

The kids were off school for Martin Luther King Day.  We had a good time.  We started on a craft project (more of that in a day or two when it has progressed).  The Boy spent the afternoon with his buddy and the Girl and I went shopping, and marvelled at the Christmas items still clinging on at Jo-Ann's, now at a 90% discount.

The Boy came with me to the supermarket this evening.  It was fine on the journey there, but snowing by the time we headed for home.  The snow was blowing around on the road like sand in a windstorm.  We have a winter weather advisory until 10am tomorrow, so it's anyone's guess what that will entail - snow followed by freezing rain was the last I heard.  Could mean another snow delay for the schools, making it an even longer weekend.

The Man adds: in other news, when Albaniana was at the theatre the other night, the Girl negotiated with me to have an extra ten minutes on her Nintendo DS in return for eating her first brussel sprout, and went through with the bargain.

4 comments:

  1. Love a food bribe, though I think less is more with sprouts. I only bought 12 for our Christmas dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love sprouts. can't get enough of their cabbagey goodness. Here's hoping that this is the beginning of some life long sprout love

    ReplyDelete
  3. @woolyavril - hm, not holding my breath. The Man is the only true sprout devotee in our house. I can take them on about the insanely livid scale, and just have to put up with the fact that at certain times of year the Man brings home sackloads of the things whenever he goes shopping.

    ReplyDelete