Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DSS + 5R + PTA

Having had a couple of weeks off to indulge in cleaning out my enormous closets, polishing the chandelier etc, today Mrs Do-Gooder-of-this-Parish was out-and-about again with a vengeance.

I spent nearly two hours this morning at the DSS office attempting to help my refugee friends with a benefits issue. It was the usual soul-destroying experience and, sadly, for the time being we are none the wiser.  But we did manage to get a useful answer from National Grid about an electricity billing question, and incidentally discovered that they offer a multi-lingual interpreting service which includes Burmese, so that's worth knowing.

This afternoon, a change of volunteering scene - I was at Five Rivers putting up an exhibition of nature photos taken by High School students.  If only I'd remembered to take a camera with me (sigh), I'd share a picture with you.

And finally, I attended the PTA meeting at the Boy's school tonight.  The remaining fundraising fair trade friendship bracelets are going to go on sale through the school store, so I'm no longer responsible for selling them off - yay!

1 comment: