Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cool ski day


The warmest it got at Willard Mountain today was 10F.  That's -12C, so you'll appreciate that it wasn't very warm at all.

Yet dressed appropriately, and catching a bit of sunshine, it was mostly a bearable cold.  I don't know that the kids especially enjoyed their lessons, but mine was good. I feel like I'm gaining some control on my skis which makes me feel more confident - there were even odd moments when I was positively enjoying myself.

We continued skiing after most others had gone home - it's cool to have the mountain to yourself.  Man and Girl even went on to make several more descents after the Boy and I finally gave in to the cold (my fingertips are still slightly numb).  We should all sleep soundly tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good fun when the sun shines but probably too cold for oldies like me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could join you. I love skiing, don't do it often enough and am suitably awful at it. But I enjoy it so much that I don't mind my lack of ability.

    ReplyDelete