Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lethal knitting

Some of us may have been hoping for a snow delay, but it didn't happen, and the inch or so of snow that fell was washed away in the afternoon by plain old cold wet rain.

At least I was out of the nasty weather for most of the day, on an extended trip to the cosy and warm (airless and stuffy) DSS office.  My refugee friends had a small amount of success today, but it took them at least four and half hours of waiting.  Anticipating delays (all part of the slow-motion rollercoaster DSS experience), I'd brought along some knitting - but was told by the security guy at the door that I wasn't allowed to take out my knitting needles or yarn inside the building.  Tcha.

Sadly for us, our Man has gone off on a trip.  He just skyped me from Boston, but he'll be even further away by this time tomorrow.  So, will I succeed in single-handedly getting my not-a-morning-person daughter out of bed and out the door in time to catch the school bus tomorrow morning?  Come back next time and find out...

1 comment:

  1. Knitting needles presumably not allowed in case you poke your own eyes out with boredom.

    Not sure how much damage you can do with a ball of wool. Could you finger knit an AK47?

    ReplyDelete