Friday, January 6, 2012

Let there be light

It's been a week of no meetings, no errands, no events to plan and only the merest bit of dental work.   The Man had the car again today, so I was stuck at home. What to do with myself?

Clean the chandelier!

I'm not really a huge fan of chandeliers.  They can look great in the right context and, you know, fine if you've got the staff - all that faceted glass is just a magnet for dust.  So I would never think of installing one.

However, we inherited one with this house.  It's not especially lovely, but as with anything if you live with it for long enough you kind of stop seeing it after a while.  So we never bothered to change it.  And I've never bothered to try and clean it - until this morning.

Whoa!  What a revelation!  It's like Blackpool illuminations now in our dining room - all twinkling with shiny light.  I feel quite inspired.  What should I clean next?

2 comments:

  1. the problem with having a decent shiny light now is that you will notice the dust elsewhere, thus creating for yourself your next cleaning job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, alas - now I can see all the cobwebs in the corners.

    ReplyDelete