Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Photo fit?

Much of today has been given over to bureaucracy of one kind or another.  This afternoon the Man and I made a trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles.  He needed some information changing on his driver's licence, I needed mine renewing altogether.

The Man waited only about five minutes to be called up, so he was soon all done and dusted.  For some reason I had to wait over an hour.  Ah well.  At least when I was finally called to a desk I had all the correct paperwork

When you renew your licence you have the option of changing your photo.  The guy on the desk asked me if I'd like to do that.  "Nah, that's ok," I said, not wanting to drag the process out any longer than I had to.

"Really?" asked the desk guy.  Did he not think much of my psycho-photo?  I assured him that I honestly didn't care (it's not like I'm planning to use my licence photo to attract hot dates or modelling jobs or someting).

"Well...up to you," said the guy. 

It's not that bad a photo.  Well, ok, it's pretty bad.  But who gets to look at it, really (except - ahem - for the odd traffic cop)?

No comments:

Post a Comment