Friday, June 5, 2009

A fair cop

A long day: this morning, the end of year Show of Work at school, with classrooms spectacularly converted into a Dutch settlement, Native American encampment and African savannah. Some very proud students showed us around.







This evening: cake, soda and a trampoline - what could possibly go wrong? Surprisingly, nothing. We were at a barbecue birthday party at the home of one of the Boy's classmates. The food was excellent, the company enjoyable and the setting splendid - the house stands on top of a hill surrounded by acres of woodland. We all had a great time.

On the way home, late and very dark, with tired children gently whingeing in the backseat, I was pulled over by a cop for speeding. I'd had no idea I was driving too fast. The cop was incredibly friendly and polite. He saw the two kids in the back, noted my 'temporary visitor' driver's license - and kindly waved me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment