My children were happy to rediscover their favourite snack stall. I was happy to stock up on greens and granola. We saw many familiar faces. One farmer remarked that he appreciates this market because of the all-weather loyalty of the customers, and the sense of community. It certainly has a buzz about it, and I'm glad it's back.
Tonight, advisedly or not (and I'm tending towards "not"), the Girl and Boy each have a friend to sleep over. The Man, of course, is still in Hawaii. It all seemed like a good idea at the time...
The Man adds...A physics conference is a clash of cultures at the best of times. The cast of The Apprentice meets the cast of the Big Bang Theory. But in a Hawaiin mega-resort it is even odder: a man in a grey suit sweats in the hot sun trying to schmooze a potential customer, while at the next table a family sits in their swimsuits.
No comments:
Post a Comment