Sunday, June 6, 2010

Shelf life

It rained hard today. It's brought the temperature down to comfortably cool (almost chilly tonight) and made the plants in the yard perk up and stand taller - all except our lettuce seedlings, which are lying down flat.

There have been strong breezes, too. Late in the afternoon, when the rain was over, I was tending the vegetable patch when we heard a mighty crack from high above, and a large branch came crashing down behind me - a little unnerving.

All the rain has mostly kept us indoors today, though. I made the Man laugh by setting to and relining the pantry shelves (tatty and floral) with some new sticky-backed plastic. Fair enough, of all the jobs in the house that need doing, this was probably not the highest priority. But isn't it satisfying when you can liven up a whole area with very little effort and in less than half an hour. It's the kind of home improvement I like best.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely shelf lining, and an impressive array of cereal boxes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually rr, it's just product placement.

    ReplyDelete