Monday, June 21, 2010

Rocket science

The Boy started camp today - a week of activities from 9am until 3pm, with a rocket theme. He was quite reluctant to go this morning (he never likes the prospect of a new experience), but when I picked him up later he seemed very happy with his day. He'd been doing experiments involving balloons, and also studying flying bugs. Tomorrow, we understand, the campers will be moving onto something a little more explosive...

Meanwhile the Girl and had a quiet day at home. I spent some time trying to discover the source a plague of caterpillars in our pantry. I'd check in every hour or so and find another batch of them crawling across the ceiling. I examined all our cereal packets, but couldn't find any trace of a nest. It was only when I tipped out a packet of strangely wriggly muesli that I found where they'd all been coming from. Lovely.

Left to their own devices, the caterpillars turn themselves into Indianmeal moths and are a complete nuisance. Hopefully I've managed to put paid to this little lot - and I shall shortly be investing in some airtight containers for the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment