Unbelievably we're about to launch into the summer vacation, starting at lunchtime tomorrow. Where did that school-year go?
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Endless summer
The kids set off to school excited today - Field Day, which this year involved a whole-school run around the campus trails, some silliness with water, and cooperative games. They seem to have had a great time, and the Boy was so pleased with himself for having run a mile that he went for another run round the block with his dad this evening.
I drove up to Indian Ladder Farms for more strawberry picking, and took a long route home through the countryside just to admire the leafy greeness everywhere. During the winter here, summer seems like an impossibility. This time of year, winter is just a dream.
Unbelievably we're about to launch into the summer vacation, starting at lunchtime tomorrow. Where did that school-year go?
Unbelievably we're about to launch into the summer vacation, starting at lunchtime tomorrow. Where did that school-year go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We have another 6 weeks and 2 days to go. Not that I'm counting or anything...
ReplyDeleteBTW don't get me started on those ducks either.
I have sent a polite enquiry to Linton News as to why they thought the ducks were the biggest news that happened in our village in May - well actually I didn't mention the ducks - I just said that I was rather disappointed that something 1 year in the planning and that involved much of the community and more than 50+ voluntary help at the weekend hadn't got a mention in the village paper? Let's see what the response is.
ReplyDelete