The bridge was going to be torn down in 1972 to be replaced by a steel and concrete structure, but was saved largely through the efforts of a local couple. I trust they received prominent thanks in the community newspaper for their achievements (unless of course a family of ducks had been rescued from a drain that month).
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Monday, June 7, 2010
Duck and cover
The bridge was going to be torn down in 1972 to be replaced by a steel and concrete structure, but was saved largely through the efforts of a local couple. I trust they received prominent thanks in the community newspaper for their achievements (unless of course a family of ducks had been rescued from a drain that month).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the bridges.
ReplyDeleteDon't get me started on the ducks...