Man and Boy have braved the pool ("the Polar Plunge" as we're currently calling it), but I've only managed to dip a toe in so far.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Home shopping
It's been an at-home sort of day - if being at home can include visiting the local farmers' market (the first of the year), the pool supplies store, Indian Ladder Farms (to pick strawberries) and Hobby Town (for the Boy); and if, for the kids, "at home" can include being at other people's homes half the time.
Man and Boy have braved the pool ("the Polar Plunge" as we're currently calling it), but I've only managed to dip a toe in so far.
Man and Boy have braved the pool ("the Polar Plunge" as we're currently calling it), but I've only managed to dip a toe in so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hoping the man has just jumped in when you took the photo and that is not his usual swimming style...
ReplyDeleteHe does a nice butterfly, I'll have you know. But yes, in this picture he had just plunged bravely in.
ReplyDeleteNo, maths, it is not my usual style to swallow a litre of water with each stroke.
ReplyDeleteThis is the moment I first hit the icy water, where I'm crying "Golly, that's a little chilly!" or word to that effect.