Friday, January 1, 2010

Gliding into a new decade

I drove out to collect the Girl this morning. It had been an excellent sleepover apparently, involving very little sleep but featuring a late-night snowball fight followed by ice-cream sundaes, party poppers at midnight and some of the guests getting up at 3am to play with the Wii. You'd think she'd have been exhausted, but as soon as I got her home she insisted on going to the nearby outdoor ice-rink to skate for an hour.

My parents, meanwhile, went on a snowy hike in the morning then accompanied me to a neighbour's small party this afternoon. No Wiis or ice-cream sundaes for us, but other refreshments and interesting company made up for that.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you all!

    Very envious of the skating prowess (and lovely white boots). I took middle son to Cambridge Ice this morning. Even getting up the slight incline onto the rink was an ordeal, with son's legs scissoring madly. Still, by the end of the hour, he'd managed to let go of the side.

    ReplyDelete