
We've rather taken to cross-country skiing this year. The Man, the Girl and I took ourselves off to Pineridge again for an afternoon in the woods. (The Boy opted to hang out at his buddy's house instead.)

With temperatures in a rising trend, the snow was stickier than on previous visits, which made uphill climbs much easier, and downhill slides a little less terrifying. I think a few lessons have helped, too. I definitely felt more confident today - and my butt suffered a lot less. As for the Girl, she's thoroughly comfortable on skis these days and zips down slopes like she's been doing it all her life.

For the Man it was a cherished ambition fulfilled - skiing with one of his kids. I may have mentioned before that winter is a long season here so, as people constantly point out, we might as well try to enjoy it. Today we totally succeeded.
And a good time was had by all!
ReplyDeleteYou cant do that in Cambs!
Can't do it here any more, either, worst luck - all the snow's gone!
ReplyDelete