Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hot and cold

I spent the third day in a row at the keyboard, pulling together fair trade campaign affairs. It's quite satisfying to review all the FT activities and events we were involved in last year, and all the endorsements we've managed to attract from various quarters of our town. Nearly there now...

I went into school mid-afternoon to help out in the library. At home-time the Boy was a sorry sight. He'd had a headache all day and was starting to feel shivery. I knew he wasn't kidding when he chose to wear his coat in the car and actually asked for medicine (which he cannot stand). Sure enough he was running a slight temperature. However, a small dose of acetaminophen (that's paracetamol to UK readers) had a magical effect, and he was soon bouncing round the furniture again and throwing off his socks and sweater.

The wind is getting up tonight as the temperature outside starts to plummet. Tomorrow we're due for extreme cold plus biting wind chill factor. There's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment