In fact so lovely is it in all its luxurious woollen gorgeousness that I almost wish I could shrink to 18" and wear it myself.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Cape crusader
Tomorrow the Girl is going to the birthday party of the classmate who comes to me for private sewing lessons. While not everyone appreciates a home-stitched gift I'm pretty sure she will, so I spent this afternoon at my sewing machine.
From the picture on the pattern the doll's cape looked simple, a ten minute throw-together. Of course it turned out to be a task of immense and time-consuming complexity. Yet I enjoyed the three-hour challenge - even dealing with welts, pleated hood and a full lining - and by following the instructions (not something I always think of doing) I made a good job of it.
In fact so lovely is it in all its luxurious woollen gorgeousness that I almost wish I could shrink to 18" and wear it myself.
In fact so lovely is it in all its luxurious woollen gorgeousness that I almost wish I could shrink to 18" and wear it myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment