Such a full day, yesterday.
It started first thing with a special event at school, an hour long interaction with a panel of local environmental experts, some serving at state level. They fielded questions from the assembled children. For the younger kids it was probably a bit overly long and serious, but thought-provoking points were raised which I'm sure will lead to interesting classroom discussions.
I rushed from there to my skating lesson. Then home to prepare a document for an evening meeting, but I had to work fast because soon it was time to hurry back to school to drive a carload of kids to our cross-country skiing session.
Home once again for a mouthful of dinner before the evening event - schmoozing with the newly-instated Town Supervisor. It was a long but interesting evening of political discussion, and I had the chance to talk about the possiblity of a Fair Trade Town resolution. The Supervisor is in general favourably disposed, and I now have a plan of action mapped out.
So, quite a demanding day, and not surprising that I felt pretty tired by the end of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment