It's a while since I've done any teaching at Five Rivers. This morning I was back there for a refresher course in instructing Outdoor Discovery. With plenty of snow still on the ground we were spoilt for choice when it came to discovering tracks - mice, voles, squirrels, rabbits, deer - plus there were lots of other signs of animal life such as deer-grazed evergreens and beaver-chewed tree stumps. It was all lots of fun, but I came home shivering. Not that it was particuarly cold out (just below freezing, which passes for mild and balmy this time of year) but I must be coming down with something. Well, that's January for you.
Meanwhile, Mum and Dad made a visit to historic Hudson. Unfortunately much of it was closed for the day, and some of it for the month. Soon after they got back they set out again, with the Girl, to the Albany Art Room to cash in a time-and-materials voucher I'd given them for Christmas. I think they had a good time.
The Girl also wangled some orange soda and a doughnut out of them, so I think it's fair to say that she was very happy indeed. Grandparents are so much more fun to go out with than parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment