On the way back from school with my own kids we collected the Man from work and ended up all going out for dinner. There was much wistful talk of Grandma and Grandpa. As I write they may not even be airborne yet. We wish them a safe journey home (with no frozen pipes awaiting them).
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Monday, January 11, 2010
Owl of despair
And so, after a quiet morning with just a short outing to buy gifts for folks back home, Mum and Dad pulled out of the drive one last time and headed back to Boston and thence the UK.
The house of course felt very quiet and empty suddenly, but to stop myself feeling forlorn I set to work making up a new project for my school stitchers. Here it is. One of my students declared it looked "like a real toy, made in a factory!", and I took the compliment as I think it was intended. The children were enthusiastic and worked hard on their owls, and it was a good session all round.
On the way back from school with my own kids we collected the Man from work and ended up all going out for dinner. There was much wistful talk of Grandma and Grandpa. As I write they may not even be airborne yet. We wish them a safe journey home (with no frozen pipes awaiting them).
On the way back from school with my own kids we collected the Man from work and ended up all going out for dinner. There was much wistful talk of Grandma and Grandpa. As I write they may not even be airborne yet. We wish them a safe journey home (with no frozen pipes awaiting them).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment