Sunday, January 10, 2010

Touch of the Blues

The Man and I took advantage of a free hour-long cross-country skiing lesson during the Pineridge ski-fest weekend, and followed it with two and half hours skiing and falling over on the trails.

We revisited the Green ('easy') trails we took last year, then challenged ourselves with some 'more difficult' Blues. Plenty of hard uphill work, and quite steep and winding descents. Even with the training (which did help) I fell on my backside more times than I care to mention. But it was great fun, and though it was well below freezing all day we really didn't feel the cold.

Meanwhile my parents had the company of their lovely grandchildren for the day. They took them skating at the park then out to the shops for one last spoiling. Alas, Mum and Dad will be heading home to snowy Britain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment