The treat for today was a trip to the New York State Theatre Institute in Troy. We had tickets booked for a show celebrating the work of Astrid Lindgren, creator of Pippi Longstocking.
It was quite a one-Swede tour de force, with an energetic performance by an actress dressed mainly as a Pippi lookalike. I have to say, I found the plot a little confusing (and, having slept badly last night, I dozed off a couple of times, which didn't help). But the kids seemed to enjoy it very much. We were only sorry that friends we were supposed to be meeting at the theatre didn't make it because they accidentally got caught up in some sort of parade around town.
It has been another hot day, and I find myself pining already for the winter snow I was so recently sick of. How soon we forget...
No comments:
Post a Comment