When you’re wondering about going for a third baby, and top of your ‘Pros’ list is ‘Gas & air!’, you do have to stop and ask yourself whether that’s actually a good enough reason for bringing a new life into the world.
It was with some regret that, quite a while ago, I gave up the idea of ever enjoying laughing gas again. Until I realised – today - that I can get a fix at the dentist!
I had the works this morning – pointy instruments, squealy drills, vibrations in my skull, fillings a-plenty – and it was all terribly pleasant. I lay back, high as a kite, trying not to giggle. If I hadn’t had all those implements of torture in my mouth I would probably have regaled everyone with a comedy routine. Best trip to the dentist ever! Best trip all round, in fact.
Now I can’t wait to get back there for some more treatment. Lucky me, I’ve still got a whole mouthful of dodgy teeth to be worked on!
Though there is the small matter of the cost… I’ve used up my annual dental insurance allowance already. Luckily the dentist prescribed me those pre-treatment tranquillisers. I shall follow Insanely Livid’s advice and save them for when I get the next bill.
Perhaps I’d better slip one or two to the Man as well, come to think of it, given that he'll be paying.
By the way, the tornado never materialised.
No comments:
Post a Comment