I was back at the dentist today for a 'gross debridement' (that's American for having your teeth cleaned). It was just about as bad as the name suggests. The hygenist promised she would be gentle but 'thoro'. The thoroughness I can vouch for. As for gentle, well, how gentle is a person really going to be when her job is to jab at your gums with a sharp pointy instrument? But she did her best. It didn't hurt for too long.
Later, up to school for a Parent Council meeting. A contentious issue needed to be discussed, and it was not unlike gross debridement all over again to be honest. Then we moved on to the less controversial business of event planning. I suggested a couple of Linton fundraising favourites, which are now being considered for the next school year.
Raisin Box Challenge, anyone? Curry-oke?
Oh, alright I admit it, I didn't really suggest curry-oke. But one day, eh, one day I'll convince someone...
ReplyDeleteI've always been in favour of curry-oke, especially the fabulous punning that went on when it was previously suggested: puri genius.
ReplyDeleteAh yes. Korma Chameleon. Dal-ing dal-ing Stand by Me.
ReplyDeleteI've always regarded Madonna's "Papadum Preach" as a Curry-oke Classic
ReplyDeleteI'd do a bit of Cliff Richard: "Karai doesn't live here anymore" and I think I could persuade Exile #2 to do Bananarama's song to leavened tandoor-bread "Naan ah hey hey!"
ReplyDelete