Monday, June 2, 2008

Going underground

We started the day with a mad dash to the station. The Man was accompanying the Visitor to New York City and they had seats booked on the 8:05 - would we make it through the rush hour traffic in time?

We did, but with only a couple of minutes to spare. Phew! Then a leisurely drive on to school. After that I called in at a couple of shops before heading home.

Although it has been a lovely summery day, I spent most of it underground. I have a sewing room (luxury!) in the basement. During the winter it was too cold to use (there are radiators down there, but after the first heating bill came in I could hardly ever bring myself to turn them up), but I imagine it'll be quite a cool haven once the hot weather really kicks in. Anyway, today I was once again cutting up fabric and rearranging it. I'm having a go at a 'One-block wonder', which is a lot of fun.

Back to the station in the evening to collect the Man. He'd had a few adventures underground himself, trying to negotiate the New York subway system. Maybe he'll tell you about his day in the city another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment