Ever tried buying a child's swimsuit at this time of year? I can't remember if that's something you can do easily in the UK, but here it's just about impossible. In Target there are no swimsuits at all. I asked the woman at the till if she knew where I should look, and she suggested Dick's Sporting Goods, so I drove all the way over there, but even though it's a store the size of a warehouse it wasn't much better. There were some serious-looking (and seriously pricey) women's costumes - the sort for swimming races in, not for being decorative - and, er, that was it. Nothing for kids.
It can't be that children don't swim at all (nor grow out of their swimwear) during the cooler months. Isn't this when all those indoor pools at leisure centres come into their own? And doesn't everyone start flying down to Florida soon? Though I suppose you can buy swimsuits there all year round. But anyway, I'm not planning on schlepping round the whole of Albany. I guess I'll just have to look online.
Whatever did we use to do before there was an online?
because on-line has made less available off line. Try buying a UK major retailer's underwear in the actual stores
ReplyDeleteBut look on the bright side, if you want to buy Christmas decorations you can buy them in the shops in September. joy of hideous joys.
ReplyDeleteBefore online....ahh, the good old bad old days.
What is a swimsuit? Is it what we used to call a swimming costume?
ReplyDelete