About eighteen months ago I made a quilt that was raffled for the kids' old school. The winner decided to donate it to the school, and it's been hanging up there ever since. Until last week when, for fun, I borrowed it back to submit to a quilt show.
Today the Man and I visited the Empire Quilt Festival in Clifton Park. Around 300 quilts were on display in the gym of Shenendahowa High School. There were nice examples of many different patchwork and quilting techniques, mostly tending towards the traditional. Though it wasn't the best executed or most dramatic, and though it didn't win any ribbons, I was quite pleased with how a certain little Schoolhouses quilt looked in the show.
The judge's comments on it were fair, I thought: praise for the "successful interpretation of a tradtional pattern" and "effectively placed" quilting; but a hint that my quilting stitch sizes need to show more consistency, and encouragement (as per tonight's title) to improve my sometimes dodgy triangle corners. But hey, at least she thought I'd done a nice job of the binding.
Super
ReplyDelete