Saturday, October 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Homebrew

It was chilly at the Farmers' Market this morning, a little bit gusty too, but at least it wasn't chucking it down with rain (yesterday was dreadful).  Not too bad a day, then, to set out a Fair Trade info stall.  Two FT craft vendors also had stalls, and a couple from a local church were selling FT tea and chocolate at a table next to mine.  Middle School volunteers (including the Girl) were out in force, some in costume, to help distribute "Reverse trick-or-treat" leaflets to passers-by.  We were there for four fun hours, and it felt like time well spent.

After an afternoon of various other activities, the Man and I pushed the boat out this evening and opened a bottle of our friend's homebrew.  Hmm - turns out itsh shtronger than our usual (non-alcoholic) tipple.  Half a bottle between us soon had us feeling woozy... 

I'm still not over the effects.  So, time to curl up with the rest of the family watching a Harry Potter DVD, and maybe sneak a little pre-bedtime snooze.

3 comments:

  1. This is perhaps your finest blog post title.
    I had some homebrew last weekend, made by a National Trust warden...he likes to call it 'Rhubarb Ruin' and it comes in 2litre bottles. Quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than "Kendal in the wind"? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad someone enjoys the titles!

    ReplyDelete