Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We are not alone

No sooner have our house-guests left than new ones have moved in. Last night we left a mince-pie out on the counter. This morning the Man noticed that it had moved onto the cooker. We're assuming that it didn't do this by itself - and that must mean our tiny four-footed friends are back. What fun.

Meanwhile our front yard has turned into squirrel city. So much for our "squirrel-proof" bird feeder, the pesky critters are taking turns to pull it apart to get at the sunflower seeds. There's a whole gang of them - I took this photo of all their footprints in the snow.

4 comments:

  1. How did the mouse get the mice pie (see what I did there) from one place to the other? Was it a small pie, or did a group of them heave it - stone henge style - across the worktop? Just wondered.

    By the way, loved the quilt story a few days ago. Those Schenectady (surely that's an anagram of something) ladies must have been chuffed to bits to see their scraps transformed into another work of art. A heartwarming tale for this chilly time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine it was like a scene from Bagpuss, with a team of mice squeaking "Heeeeave" as they hauled the pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I want to know is why they didn't deign to eat the mince pie - shop-bought, perhaps?
    And please can we have a picture of those squirrels - I'm sure they're very cute really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They ate some of the pie, well they nibbled the crust. Shop-bought? Not a chance. No-one here knows what a mince pie is.

    ReplyDelete