Well, we had that snow in October, and now we do indeed seem to be in the heatwave I'd been waiting for. Up in the mid-to-high 60sF today - T-shirt weather again. Leaf-raking in the yard in the warm sunshine was quite a pleasure.
The kids were off school because of local elections. The Boy spent much of his day with a classmate designing a new board game: Pokeopoly. The Girl and I made a trip to the mall.
I don't much care for Crossgates mega-mall, especially since Borders went bankrupt and shut down (not that I even liked Borders that much). But it is good for some things, such as a pair of "soakers" - towelling guards for the Girl's skate blades. Also, right next door to Dick's Sporting Goods where we bought the soakers, a new Fresh Healthy Cafe has opened. As the name hints, it serves fresh and healthy food (including lots of veggie options), which is a nice change from the usual mall fare of hotdogs, fries, average Chinese food etc. The Girl reckons it serves the best freshly squeezed orange juice EVER (at more than $5 per medium glass, so you'd hope). I did sneak a sip, and yum, it was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment